Friday 1 August 2014

From The Heart Stamps - August Blog Hop!

I'm so pleased to have been asked to be a Guest Designer over at From The Heart Stamps for August and September! I've been joining in with the weekly sketch challenge and also the monthly progressive challenge for some time and I love using Faith's stamps, so you can imagine how pleased I was when I was asked!


At the start of each month their is a blog hop which showcases the fantastic work of the Design Team and this is the first hop I'm joining in with. Our theme this month is “Summer and Sunshine”.

As you hop along, please leave a comment on each entry. One random commenter will be selected on each blog to win an image of their choice from the FTHS store. And additionally, one commenter on the From the Heart Stamps blog will be selected to win a $15 gift voucher to the store!

If you have arrived from Joanna (who is the other Guest Designer for August and September!), you are in the right place, if not why start on the From the Heart Stamps blog, so you don’t miss anything.

Here is my creation:


I've used Tropical Chick digi stamp, coloured with Promarkers and I've used a scalloped Nesties die for the base. The sentiment is part of the digi set as well.

Now head over to Angela and see what they have created. Thanks for hopping with us today! And don't forget to leave a comment! The hop will end on Monday 4 August at 6am, EST. Winners will be posted on the From the Heart Stamps Blog on Wednesday 6 August. Good luck!

29 comments:

  1. oooooh how cool is this card, LOVE the shape. Fab colouring too.
    Great to have you guesting for us, looking forward to seeing more :)
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shape of your card - and what a face that birdie has, :D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How unique is this creation? Super duper - first time I have viewed a card like this - what a terrific job - Love the resting birdie and the tree - great coloring - have a blessed day and thanks for the HOP! Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute Ruth. Love the way you cut it out to make a rocker card, looks amazing. Really fabulous coloring, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! This is just too darn cute...and so creative...love the fun shape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a clever card! I love the way the base makes an island. I need to get and use that image, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Ruth, every time I stop by your blog, I am truly delighted by the things you create. you are so very talented and come up with the greatest projects! this is so much fun! of course you were chosen to be a guest designer!!!! so very proud and happy for you, dear friend!!!! :)

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK - this is precious and awesome and definitely fun and sun shiney! Great coloring and fun shaped card!! I always love your cards and can't wait to see what else you do - so glad your designing with us for the next two months!
    lyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea. I would never have thought about making a shaped card. I am going to re access all my stamps now!
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh, just to sit and enjoy the warm under a tree! Love your shaped card, and the shading in your colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I just love this! Great shaped card and super cute image!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card! Great color choices, love the clouds and that image is in my cart as I'm typing this!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great....this is a first...never seen a shaped card quite like this and I must I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! Love that birdie and your idea to make a shaped card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable!! I love the tropical feel of this one, it definitely makes me want to relax! LOL! THANKS for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your shaped card. So very fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my! Your chick hanging out under the palm tree couldn't be any cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic shape! Very creative and very summer holidays.
    {Hugs} Barb

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable card! Love the shape!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous shape card, Ruth and your coloring is always amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  21. How cute is this? I love all you did on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm relaxed just looking at your fab card. Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Neat card shape, love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very interesting creation with beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card dearie.love how you've shaped the card around this fun image.congratulations on being a GDT-you deserve it.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW! That is so cool!
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my goodness...that shape and your coloring are just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my gosh... too cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love how you did the leaves on this. I'm still working on improving my coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!