Sunday 14 November 2010

Bright Thirty

A non Christmas challenge this week on Moving Along With The Times, which asks for:

Nice and Bright

I've made this word book card as part of an order for a friend. All the papers are from Funky Hand - Retro Fun download and I've created the letters in word art, cutting them out and then layering onto the pages.

The word 'thirty' has been cut using my Sizzix Round-a-Bout alphabet die and then layering the letters onto black card so they stand out.

All embellishments are from my stash with exception to the big blue beads as those were part of a generous donation from Lynsey (thank you!) I've used ribbons, seed beads, hat pin and brads and all colour co-ordinated!

This non Christmas card lark won't continue as I've spent a few hours this afternoon colouring winter images...... Needs must as I have two Craft Fairs coming up - one on Saturday 20 November at Crossley Heath School in Halifax and then one on 5 December in aid of the NSPCC. So I need to make sure I have enough stock. And if I have any Christmas cards left over, then its a good start on next year!

PS Thirty is spelt right - the last 't' is hidden!

  • All papers: Retro Fun download from Funky Hand
  • Everything else: My stash

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely Ruth, it is a trick of the eye that the thirty seems to be missing the last t?
    I love the colours you used, those Wordbooks are always handy and look so lovely.
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. a beautiful word book card. Lovethe papers and added bling!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab word book .. love the bright cheerful papers
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great wordbook, love making these!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely fresh and bright wordbook. Thanks for sharing it with us at MAWTT.
    luv {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!